Prep Time: 3 Hours Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes Yield: 2 Servings
2 salmon filets (preferably wild or organic)
Sliced green onions to garnish (optional)
Marinade (great for fish, beef, chicken & pork)
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled & grated
1⁄4 cup coconut aminos
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese cooking wine, or rice wine vinegar, or sherry)
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a large bowl to combine evenly.
2. Add salmon filets and let sit for 30 minutes (on counter) or 3 hours to overnight in fridge.
3. When ready to cook, preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Set salmon filets on bake sheet with space in between them. Pat with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds.
4. Transfer to oven and broil on top rack with oven door closed for about 10 minutes. If salmon is starting to get too much golden color and looking like it might start to burn, just move it down a level.
5. Salmon is cooked when it is opaque and flakes. Sprinkle with finely sliced green onions and enjoy!
Per Serving: 765 calories, 44g fat, 13g carbs, 79g protein